WHY STUDY ENGLISH IN
AMERICA AND NOT IN GREAT BRITAIN (U.K.)?
American English has grown steadily in
international significance since World War II, parallel to the growth of
U.S. political, economic, technological and cultural influence worldwide.
American English is currently the dominant influence
in "World English" (cf.
British English) largely due to the following:
- Population: U.S. vs. U.K. (70% vs 17% of all native
- Wealth of the U.S. economy vs. the U.K., &
- Magnitude of higher education in America vs. the
- Magnitude of the publishing industry in America
- Magnitude of global mass media and media technology
- Appeal of American popular culture on language and
- International political and economic position of the
Want to learn English that is the most useful to
Let ALP Offer You Just the
Right Program to Suite Your Language Needs!